Monday 14 September 2009

Sans Façon




I just got an email from a gallery about submitting work for a competition about the Urban Built Environment.

No, I don't know what that means either. Buildings and that. Something about bins? I'm still not sure what they want me to do but I could win a couplah grand if the judge, a Mr Sans Façon likes it.

Sans Façon? Who? Yo back up now and give a brother room, my french is rudimentary at best but a literal translation of his nom de plume (for it can't be a real name) is 'Without Fuss'. Besides naming yourself after an emotive reaction (which would be funny if you called yourself 'Cries Easily' or 'Constantly Orgasmic') surely as a judge you should be someone who is incredibly fussy, meticulous to the last, a top notch stickler - with a real chubby hardon for the finer things in life.

Sans Façon, is your name a dada-esque joke, are you the evolution of the pisspot in the gallery? Are you a pissy man sir? All I know is, I must meet you, look you in the eye, shake your hand. And then wash it. You pishy man.

No comments:

Post a Comment